Event objectives should include an action, an outcome, and qualifiers.
The action phase will include planning
developing, making lists and recommendations, et cetera. The action should
have a measurable, achievable outcome. Qualifiers set the parameters such
as timelines, budgets, personnel involved, et cetera. Meeting objectives
- To work on business
- To discuss business
issues and problem solve
- To meet and develop relationships with business
- To come to mutual agreements around contentious issues
- To check in on progress and facilitate lateral communication
- To welcome and orient new staff or visitors
- To provide short training sessions and introduce new company products
Consider holding meetings outside of the office, so that attendees, less
easily distracted by “must take” phone calls, emails, etc.,
can better focus on the meeting’s objectives.
They should be small enough so that all attendees can comfortably participate.