Centretown Corporate Services
1 Rideau Street, Lower Level
Ottawa Ontario, K1N 8S7
Centretown Corporate Services
Your Bilingual Transcription Professionals
For over 20 years Centretown Corporate Services has been providing bilingual transcription services to insurance, research, associations, private industry and government. Centrally located in downtown Ottawa, we also offer translation and administrative support services (data entry, document formatting, fillable forms, etc.).
OVERVIEW OF SERVICES
- Bilingual transcription services
- Translation services
- Translation transcription in one step*
*If the content of the interview isn’t too complex, we have occasionally translated directly from French audio to English transcript. This is done by a transcriptionist, not a translator, so the translation is not deemed as precise as a professional translator, however we do pride ourselves in providing a transcript that is as accurate of the original audio as possible.
We are now working with a partner to offer webcasting and video archiving services!
Ask for more details! We welcome your referrals!
Why use Centretown’s professionals?
- Experienced transcription professionals with over 20 years of industry experience
- Quality control – not only does the transcriptionist proofread their own work, but the transcript is re-proofed by another person; this ensures more accuracy
- Confidentiality – we work with a variety of clients who have security concerns; we can provide confidentiality forms or you provide us with yours
- Customizable – just let us know the format you want and we will do our best to follow it, or let us use our judgement and experience
- Full service – we provide timestamps for inaudibles; identify speakers when possible; and use codes to protect participant confidentiality when needed
- Thorough – we take the time to Google words to confirm spelling
We bill by the hour, whereas some competitors bill by the page (or even by the line). We feel that our method is the most fair as you know exactly what you are paying before we start transcription. When being billed by the page, you are never sure of the number of words on a page due to the margins, font size, or the amount of “back and forth” conversation resulting in less text per line or per page.
Transcription is a time consuming process and requires particular attention to detail. It is important to have an accurate estimate of your audio length for an accurate quote.
What we need for a quote
- Audio format - digital (and what format) or cassettes (micro, mini or regular); video and incompatible formats are subject to conversion fees
- Languages: English, French or bilingual
- Exact length of the audio (if digital) or estimate (if on cassette or event hasn’t taken place yet)
- Do you have confidentiality concerns?
- Is the job ready now and when would you ideally like to get it?
- After quote approval, we discuss the most efficient means of transferring the audio files; with the effective use of technology there are many options and proximity is no longer an issue – we work with clients all over North America including Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, Halifax
- Please provide background documents such as a list of participants, reference documents (interview questions, speeches, agenda, presentations, website or terminology)
- If you have a particular format that you would like followed, please provide an example
Benefits of using a digital recorder
- Have you ever had a tape break or get lost?
- Spending money on couriers?
Digital audio files can be transferred by e-mail (for short interviews) or using a variety of electronic means (DropBox, yousendit.com, sendbigfiles.com, FTP, etc.). The preferred format is MP3 as this is the most universal. Another advantage is that you can keep a back-up copy. Location and proximity are no longer a factor if you are using digital recordings. We work with clients across Canada, the United States and around the world.
Did you know that we also offer translation services?
In addition to translating documents, you could also get a transcript translated from French to English in one step! This can save time and money. Read on for more information on this exciting service!
If the content of the interview isn’t too complex, we have occasionally translated directly from French audio to English transcript. This is done by a transcriptionist, not a translator, so the translation is not deemed as precise as a professional translator, however we do pride ourselves in providing a transcript that is as accurate of the original audio as possible.
Give us a call if you want to find out more about recommendations on how you can use our services or cut costs.
Call Ann 613-594-8700 or email@example.com